Forrest Heyman joined Meyer Capel as an associate in 2012, and attained shareholder status in 2018. He is licensed to practice in the States of Illinois and Oregon.
Area of Legal Practice:
Estate planning, estate and trust administration, probate, gift planning, wealth transfer, family and farm business succession planning, business formation, corporate transactions, and real estate matters.
Representative Experiences, and Services Offered:
• Drafting wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and other estate planning documents for clients of all different backgrounds, occupations, family sizes, and financial means.
• Advising entrepreneurs, small business owners, farmers, and accredited investors with multi-state portfolios/estates and sophisticated planning needs.
• Preparing State of Illinois and federal estate and generation skipping transfer tax returns, and gift tax returns.
• Handling real estate and business transfers and transactions.
• Advising individual and institutional executors, trustees, agents, fiduciaries, and beneficiaries.
• Representing clients regarding gift and wealth transfer, charitable planning, and farm and other business succession objectives.
• Advising business clients at all phases of a business life cycle, from initial investment to exit.
• Being a trusted legal adviser for individuals and families after the death of a loved one.
Juris Doctorate from the University of Illinois College of Law (2012)
Bachelors of Science in Economics with Honors from Butler University’s College of Business (2008)
Community and Civic Engagement
Guest Lectures (by invitation) on Estate Planning matters at University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana (2018 and 2017)
Elder Law Journal Member (2010-2012)
Awards and Recognition
- United Way Emerging Community Leader (2014)
- Illinois Emerging Attorney in the categories of “Trust, Will, and Estate Planning” and “Closely and Privately Held Business Law” (2018 and 2017)
- Sigma Nu National Man of the Year (2008) and Alpha Chapter Affiliate (2008)
- Butler University Top 10 Male Student (2008)